Monday, February 25, 2008

While You Slumbered

Your tiny body rested upon my chest. I could feel you breathing deeply. In and out, in and out. Your warm breath whistled on my neck reminding me of a gentle breeze on a warm summers day. Your tiny hands clenched into fists. Occasionally one would go into your mouth and you would briefly suck on it. Comforting you as you slept. Once in awhile you would snore. A tiny whistling noise from your perfect button nose. Your dark eye brows raised and fell ever so slightly while you dreamt. A slight flutter of you eye lashes made me think you were waking up, but you to slumber. I watched and waited, hoping you would sleep for hours and continue to cuddle with me. You turned your head to the side and sleep marks from your blanket were embedded on your cheek. You heaved a heavy sigh and awakened. Refreshed, alert and ready to take on the world around you. I could watch you sleep forever.

1 comment:

Allison McDonald said...

funny stories meg. I like the one about the suction w/ the saline. I bet that alex's sinuses are nice and clean now.